Internet in China
Can I Access Facebook in China
For travelers who have tour in China, one of the frequent asked question will be "Can I access Facebook in China". The answer is "Yes", but not as convenient as that in your country.
If you type “www.facebook.com” when using Internet in China, you may could not get the site directly. You need to log in Facebook by a software called VPN (short for Virtual Private Network).
So the steps to log in Facebook in China will be:
1. Download a VPN software: just type “VPN” in google to search for a suitable one for you
2. Install the VPN software in your computer
3. Open VPN software and adjust the options to let the VPN work
4. When VPN running successfully, you can access your Facebook page now
Remember that don’t exit the VPN software when you are still on your Facebook page, just let the software run all the while.
YouTube is also need to be accessed via VPN software Computers in China are not equipped with VPN software generally.
We recommend you to log in your Facebook by your private computer rather than public computer because of the safety consideration.
For VPN download, we suggest you to consult with your computer advisor for this software cause different computers system may be compatible different kinds of VPN.
Get Access to Internet in China
With the development of electric products in the world, people and their life increasingly rely on internet, from which, people could find fun, make friend, watch shows & movies, listen to music, play game, shopping around the world, ect. It makes the globe smaller and smaller, just like a community. Therefore, when people decide to travel abroad, the internet available or not will be a question. When you decide to travel to China, you might want to know how to get access to internet in China.
China Internet Directindustryis current the largest one in the world with largest population of cybercitizen and widest network zone. Since the internet technology develops in a short time, the internet in China is not as good as that in European or American countries. For example, the internet goes not that steady and fast, but we are developing fast and trying our best to keep up with the world.
Communications in China
Tourists can dial domestic or international long-distance calls in their own hotel rooms and expenses are included in the hotel bill. When tourists visit the city, shops and entertainment arenas, they can dial the domestic or international long-distance calls in the nearby post office and public telephone booth. The expense will be settled after they finish the call. If a tourist dials the domestic long-distance call, he should firstly dial the regional zip code and then the subscriber's number. The regional zip codes of major cities in China are as following:
Hong Kong- 00852
Can I use my mobile phone in China?
1. Check with your mobile phone company what roaming arrangements do they have in China and the rates. You will probably be okay if you are on the GSM platform (AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular, Cellular One and indigo wireless are all on the GSM platform)
2. In China, only GSM and CDMA systems are available. Besides, the working frequencies are different for different countries, A frequency of 900/1,800 Hmz only can be recognized in China. So if you have a dual band or tri band unlocked GSM phone, you can use it around China in most big cities. In China, GSM networks operated by China Mobile provide coverage in every major city, while CDMA networks run by China Unicom is improving its coverage.
3. Lastly, check with your phone company to ensure that you are unlocked for international calling service.
4. If you decide to purchase a new cellphone in China, it will be necessary to have a new Chinese SIM card inserted in the cellphone. Or you can rent a unlocked GSM cell phone such as Motolora, Nokia in China.
Useful Telephone Numbers in China
If you have an emergency while you are traveling (such as fire or traffic accidents), or other trouble or have other complaints or questions, the following telephone numbers may be helpful.
Police (Calling) 110
Police (Text message) 12110
First-aid Ambulance 120
Traffic Accidents 122
SOS in Water 12395
1. 110, 120 and 119 are free calls. 110 may be used for all emergencies. It is the first number to call. Whether 119 or 120 is called depends on the situation.
2. The more details you can provide to the police, the better. At a minimum you will need to provide your name and location and give a description of the problem. If you don’t know the exact position, tell them the landmarks buildings nearby. If you are in a remote area, you will need to give the name of the town or village. After the call, you should keep your phone on in case they need to call you back. When you see a police car approaching, wave to them actively.
3. After calling 120, first-aid treatment is not encouraged. Unless you have first-aid training, you should just wait patiently for the doctors to arrive.
4. If you can leave the accident area, please wait for the rescue workers at some obvious places where they can easily find you.
Questions & Complaints
Complaints about Goods’ Qualities 12315
Complaints about Prices 12358
Post Code Information 184
Weather Forecast 12121
Phone Directory 114
Comprehensive Information 12580/ 118114
Railway Information 12306
Civil Aviation 950137
Airline Companies & Major Airport Services
Air China 95583
China Eastern Airline 95530
Hainan Airlines 950718
Southern Airlines 400-669-5539
Beijing Capital International Airport 96158
Shanghai Pudong International Airport 96990
Post in China
China Post is the traditional post agency in China. It have the larges post network in the world. You could even post things to the most remote village though China Post in China. As the member of Universal Post Union, China Post also manage internal post and delivery business to more than 200 countries and areas in the world. China Post is listed as is one of the Fortune 500 enterprises.
As the development on the e-commerce in the world, the express delivery business becomes boomed recent years. Many express delivery companies arise, large and small. It is more convenient for people to deliver thing within China or from China.